Sunday, June 19, 2011

rainy

I ate some really good food today.

I had one baked buffalo chicken egg roll - inspired from iowagirleats

It looks dry but it's not at all.  The cheese and wing sauce were oozing out of the egg roll.

Buffalo Chicken Egg Roll - 4P+
serves 1
adapted from iowagirleats

Ingredients
1 Nasoya egg roll wrapper -- Nasoya is the best brand for baking eggrolls.
2oz cooked chicken breast, chopped
1 TBSP Franks hot wing sauce
1/2 TSP Ranch dip Mix
1 Laughing Cow cheese wedge - next time i'll 1/2 wedge only

Shred cooked chicken breast, and mix with ranch dip & hot wing sauce. Then microwave for 30 seconds.

Spread Laughing Cow cheese onto egg roll wrapper and place meat mixture on top.  Wrap egg roll and cook 425 degrees for 18 minutes.

I also made Chicken Rollatini Prosciutto & Cheese from Skinnytaste.  I LOVED it!  I almost felt like I was cheating, it tasted like something i'd get at a restaurant.  The ingredients are so simple.  All you need are chicken breasts, prosciutto, reduced fat provolone or mozzerella, bread crumbs, parm cheese and oil.  My photos do no justice, please go to her page for a better view. 

I'm learning that the secret to chicken breast is not overcooking it!  So true.

Eww, i'm embarrassed to post these photos.  My food tastes sooo much better than what you see...


You could have one for 4P+ if you're eating it with other things but to me, one serving is 2 chicken rolls for 8P+.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment